This course outlines an introductory awareness of forklift safe operations, which includes: the definition of powered industrial trucks (forklifts), the various types/classes, and the hazard associated with their operations. Also described in the course is the forklift stability triangle, the twenty-nine (29) safe operation rules as well as inspection, fueling, and maintenance.
- Define an industrial-powered truck (forklift)
- Know the types and classes of forklifts used in different areas
- Know the 11 different designations and the 5 energy power sources
- Know the difference between a forklift and an automobile
- Explain the forklift stability triangle with respect to safe operations
- Know how to access forklift load capacity and the effect of overloading
- Enumerate the benefits of operating forklift safely
- Know his/her responsibilities and that of the owner
- Know the reasons why forklifts tip over
- Comprehend the 29 accident prevention rules in forklift operations.
- Perform a walk-around inspection and fuel safely
Forklift Operators, Riggers, Supervisors.